Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Review: Taisho Ramen and Teppanyaki House

My view of Taisho whenever I pass by. LOL
My craving for ramen led me to Taisho, as it is on the way going to my workplace. I have tried looking at their menu on the outside several times but it didn't really appeal to me, until now. I ordered their Karamen Ramen, a spicy version of their tonkotsu ramen sans the egg. It has 3 spiciness level to choose from; mild, *i forgot, and deadly. Ofcourse, I love spicy food so I opted for deadly. I was in a hurry since I still have to go to work and luckily, it was served within 5 to 10 mins. The broth was shiny glowing red like magma, on top are two pieces of chashu and pechay. It was quite creamy, and above average flavorful though, the spiciness level was far far from being deadly. The noodles on the otherhand has a nice chew to it but the portion could be bigger in my opinion, considering the price. Definitely not for sharing.
Here is where I was kinda pissed off. The price of the Karamen Ramen indicated on the menu was I think P330 or P340. I asked for my bill and to I was surprised. I do understand that they have service charge like most business do, but what's up with the additional 12% vat? Wouldn't it be better if they've included it on the price on the menu instead of misdeclaring and make it look like they offer a much affordable ramen?

Verdict: This would definitely be my first and last time eating at this place. Better go to nearby ramen shops like Ramen Nagi, which offers better and quality ramen for the same price. Zomato Rating: Taisho Ramen and Teppanyaki House Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment